Greater cost-efficiency and security via digitisation in the car rental business and for car dealers
Digital processes with ID-CHECK
Letting someone take out a car, whether car rental or a test drive at a dealer, entails enormous risks for the rental agency or dealer.
- Scammers with fake identification or a forged driving license can get access to a car at practically no risk
- Employees frequently lack the relevant experience in order to be able to evaluate the authenticity of a document
- However, there is also a black market for German ID documents that makes it possible to obtain a forgery that can’t be distinguished from a real ID with the naked eye for less than € 100.00
If the scammer disappears with the car, it’s not theft, but rather misappropriation. The consequence: it is not covered by insurance because misappropriation is excluded from coverage.
Your company can protect itself against misappropriation efficiently and cost-effectively using ID-CHECK. Here’s how it works:
- A new customer wants to rent a car or take a test drive
- The customer’s identity is verified at the car rental agency or car dealer using an ID reader from the Federal Printing Office
- ID-CHECK recognises identification documents from 180 countries (driving licenses, ID cards and passports) and flags irregularities
- The results of the authentication process (verification report) can be accessed from all workstations at the car rental agency or car dealer
- Data from the report can be automatically entered into pre-defined forms, such as the rental agreement, test drive contract or money laundering form for parties paying in cash
- In addition, data is entered into the customer information system
This creates a digital process for setting up new clients with the following benefits:
- Greater security in the form of protection from misappropriation
- Faster completion of forms resulting in higher customer satisfaction
- No errors when entering data
- Lower costs via the automated entry of customer information in related systems
CURENTIS advises companies when digitising their processes and offers a test environment.